Sunday, September 23, 2012
Thursday, July 15, 2010
So, here is what you need to do to update your CF 9:
- Remove existing ColdFusion connectors from IIS 7.
- Shutdown ColdFusion services
- Run the installer (downloaded in step one)
You'll note that after installation you'll get a message like this one:
Congratulations. Adobe ColdFusion 9.0.1 has been successfully installed to:
Press Done to quit the installer.
Solr Server has been upgraded. Reindex all the collections.
Connector has been upgraded. If you use IIS 6 Management Compatibility, to use IIS 7 support, unconfigure (already configured) websites.Then uncheck all IIS 6 Management Compatibility options (Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > Internet Information Services > Web Management Tools) and then reconfigure all your configured websites using wsconfig tool. Ensure that unconfiguring of the websites is done before you disable IIS 6 Mangement Compatibility options.
Note that this step is not mandatory. You have the option to continue using IIS 6 Management Compatibility.
- Start 'Server Manager' from Control Panel/Administrative Tools
- Scroll to 'Roles Summary' and Click on Web Server (IIS). (shown below)
- You will see a screen similar to the one below. The image below shows three sections: Events, System Services and Role Services.
- Since we have to remove specific services from Web Server (IIS) - click on 'Remove Role Services'
- You will see a window like the one below. Uncheck, IIS 6 Metabase Compatability and IIS 6 Management Console.
- When you uncheck, you might see a message saying that there are dependent services. Don't bother if it talks about IIS6 related services. Simple click 'Remove Dependent Role Services'. See below:
- Go ahead and finish the removal process.
- When the feature is removed, you will get confirmation (may get an error - just ignore). You will be asked to restart your windows server - click yes.
- Once your server completes the reboot, run the WSConfig.exe under Start menu > Adobe ColdFusion 9.
- Click 'Add' - a pop up window will appear that looks like the one below:
- Select the Configure web server for ColdFusion applications option, and click OK.
- Click ok.
- Now restart your IIS7 and you're done.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
This update now supports running ColdFusion with IIS7 without installing IIS6 Metabase Compatibility. Finally! IIS7 is almost 4 years old!
Download the update from: http://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/downloads_updates.html#cf9
Note: If you are running IIS7 with IIS6 Metabase Compatibility, then you'll have to remove IIS6 MC and that will require a restart of the server.
This update is recommended as it includes many bug-fixes and security hot-fixes.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
ColdFusion works by configuring your web server (IIS, or Apache) to execute files with known extensions (.cfm, .cfml, .cfc et al) to run as script. And for doing that ColdFusion comes with a small and important tool called “wsconfig”.
Problem: At times, regardless of operating system and the web server you are using, the ColdFusion installation will fail to configure web-server due to your network settings or firewall/security settings. When running wsconfig tool, you may encounter errors similar to the following:
- Could not connect to any JRun/ColdFusion servers on host localhost.
- Possible causes:
- Server not running
- Start Macromedia JRun4 or ColdFusion server
- Server running
- JNDI listen port in jndi.properties blocked by TCP/IP filtering or firewall on server
- host restriction in security.properties blocking communication with server
- Server not running
- Possible causes:
Snapshot above shows one of the common scenario when wsconfig will not configure IIS.
Solution: Here is one fail proof solution to complete the installation of ColdFusion and stop worrying about getting wsconfig to… “run”. Yes, you we will not run “wsconfig”. Instead, we will manually configure web-servers and manually create files that are created by wsconfig.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
WordArt CFC generates image for insertion of typography on a webpage by converting text to image in various styles. There are over 25 different options available in this first release of WordArt.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
I don’t wish to talk about how good or bad the features offered by HTML5 are when compared to Flash’s features.
Let’s see if you can use HTML5 in your projects today!